Looking for a new challenge this upcoming Spring Break? Why not try our R We There Yet Mom? Austin Mural Photo Scavenger Hunt!
Austin is home to hundreds of murals and our family just love to find them. They are all so unique and colorful and fun and free to see. So one day, we decided to go out and find some of our favorites (and add a few new ones to the collection). From that day, we decided to put together a fun photo scavenger hunt for you to try this Spring. Check out the details below for a fun contest we have to go with it!
On with the Hunt!
- 2000 E. MLK Blvd
- Located on the side of the Greater Austin United Way building
- Safe & easy to park on side street
- 6th Street and I-35 frontage road
- Located on the southwest corner
- Park on street down from it or in the parking lot across the street under I-35
- Very busy intersection - hold on to the kiddos
- 6th & San Jacinto
- Located on south side of 6th street
- Try to park on 6th if you are lucky
- A busy street with traffic
- San Jacinto in between 6th & 7th
- Located on northwest corner
- Safe & easy to park San Jacinto
- Watch for traffic
- South Congress & James Street
- Located on the side of Jo's Coffee (southwest corner)
- Safe & easy to park on James street
- 1506 South Congress
- Great place to stop for lunch
- Somewhat easy to park in this area (depending on the time of day)
- Northwest corner of South 1st and Annie
- Safe & easy to park on Annie street
- 1402 South Lamar
- Located on the side of the South Austin Music building
- Safe & easy to park in the parking lot right south of the building
- 301 West Riverside Dr
- Safe & easy to park in parking lot
10. Austin Mural #10: Hi How Are You
- Northwest corner of 21st & Guadalupe
- No parking on Guadalupe
- Look for a lot on one of the side streets
We had so much find finding each one of these and taking cute photos. As you can see from the collage below, we had a blast!
R We There Yet Mom? Austin Mural Photo Scavenger Hunt Contest
- Take the challenge and find as many Austin Murals as you can
- Once you find one, snap a photo of your group at the mural
- Email us your favorite photo of the day (must be a photo with your group at the mural) for entry to win one of 5 Totally Austin prizes via a random drawing
- Please include your name, email, and mural you are at in the email
- Mural pictures must show the mural to be accepted
- Mural pictures need to be taken between March 1 and March 31
- If you complete the full challenge, email us atleast 6 out of the TEN photos for entry to win our Grand Prize - A free nights' stay at the Lakeway Resort & Spa
- Earn an extra entry by snapping a photo at any other Austin Mural that is not listed in our challenge. Make sure you email it to us!
- Contest starts March 1 and lasts through March 31, 2013 - We will select winners and announce on April 1, 2013
- 18 and older please
- Like R We There Yet Mom on Facebook to see your picture featured!
- Have fun with this!! Post your pictures on Instagram and Twitter and use the hashtag #AustinMuralScavengerHunt2013
Take a look at these AMAZING AUSTIN-Y Prizes & our Sponsors:
GRAND PRIZE: A nights stay at Lakeway Resort and Spa (certain restrictions apply)
A 1 1/2 hour Segway Tour in Austin for 2 adults from SegCity Segway Tours of Austin
Museum Admission & tickets for the Texas Theater for 4 from Bullock Texas State History Museum
Family Fun Pass for 4 from Austin Children's Museum
A dozen cupcakes from GiGi's Cupcakes
A Family Game Night Package (Where's My Water?, Rollick, & Long Story Short) from MetroMoms - Austin
A HUGE thanks to all of our sponsors. Have fun, be safe and enjoy those murals!! I can't wait to see the pictures!
Please note that your pictures will be posted in a Facebook Photo Album on the R We There Yet Mom? Facebook page and used in a wrap-up video.