Friday, January 18, 2013
5 Fun Things to Do on Martin Luther King Day
Here are 5 Fun Things to Do on MLK Day in Austin:
1. Take part in the MLK Community March, Festival, & Food Drive: The March begins at the MLK Statue on the UT Campus at 9 am and goes tot he Huston-Tillotson University, with a stop at the State Capitol. The Festival begins when the march arrives and includes all types of vendors and local musical artists.
2. Check out the new exhibits at the LBJ Presidential Library: The Library is offering free admission on Martin Luther King Day and it is a perfect time to go and see all the new exhibits that were just opened in December.
3. Take the kids out for a day of Geocaching: The weather looks to be nice and sunny on Monday, giving you the perfect opportunity to take the kids out geocaching. Doesn't cost a dime and everyone LOVES a good treasure hunt. We have everything you need to get started here.
4. Let's go to the Circus! The Ben Hur Shrine's Circus is at the cedar Park Center all weekend long and have 2 shows on Monday as well (11:30 am & 3:00 pm). Free Fun in Austin has great advice on how to get a free ticket for your child.
5. Take the whole family racing at K1 Speed: My hubby raced here for the first time this week and said "you HAVE to try it!" Junior Karting is available for the little ones (at least 4 feet) as well.